De-Stink Your Dishwasher in 30 Seconds Flat

We asked our users, and it turns out almost 50% of you have a stinky dishwasher. Stop and think about that.
It means that anytime you open a dishwasher, you have about a 50/50 chance of getting hit with a nasty crap-bomb of stink. Times aren't that tough, this doesn't have to be the reality. End the suffering with this easy trick! All it takes is about 30 seconds of effort. Here’s how:
Pour one cup of distilled white vinegar in the bottom of your dishwasher and run a complete cycle on the hottest temperature setting.
This will get rid of nuclear-level stink, along with any mineral deposits that dishwasher detergent can't remove.
Want to avoid unpleasant dishwasher stinks in the future? Here are a few tips for ongoing odor prevention:
1. Make an effort to give your dishwasher a thorough cleaning every 2-3 months.
2. Scrape excess food into the trashcan before loading (pre-rinsing generally isn’t necessary).
3. Make sure your detergent is a good fit for you washing machine. The easiest way to do this is by checking your manufacturer’s recommendations for your specific model.
More great cleaning ideas: http://bit.ly/1q6FwQ2

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
BrightNest

1 comment
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

The new dishwashers do not get the dishes dry and there is residual water in the bottom because it "keeps the seals from drying out"...the same BS we are told is happening in our "new" front load washing machines. I HATE all the new appliances I have bought in the past 5 years! I have taken to hand washing dishes instead of using the dishwasher. I run the rinse cycle every so often just to keep it working. I am ready to take it out and just leave a hole there in the cabinet! I have even had a service call on this and they tell me that that is just the way it is these days!