360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
  • Buford, GA

Plantings Trees in Summer

Bold Spring Nursery sent out a very timely information sheet that I would like to share with all of you.
" Amount per application:
Site conditions, soil types, drainage provisions and weather are all are important variables that must be considered when tailoring a watering program but for a general guideline on a well-drained site, try 5-10 gallons of water for every 1" of caliper each application:
plantings trees in summer, gardening

• Nancy Rhodes C

You told us to water but how often to water a new tree. Thanks for all this information. Guess I will have to wait a year to see if my trees will live.

That depends on where you are and your soil conditions, Nancy. Here in Florida, where soil tends to be sandy, we recommend watering trees every day for the first two weeks, then three times a week for the next two. The key is to keep the soil moist, not wet. Time accordingly.