Wood Countertop For Our Tiny Bathroom for Less Than $20

The tiny bathroom at our mountain didn't have much space for a countertop, so it had to be custom made. We had some wood countertop left over from another project so we set out to create a countertop for our bathroom. You can see the finished countertop at the link below.
The first thing we did was make a template out of cardboard.
We used a jigsaw to cut out the front of the countertop, as well as the sink cut out.
Once the countertop was stained with MinWax Provincial Stain, we put several coats of MinWax Wipe On Poly to seal the top.
The sink was attached underneath the countertop with screws.

Diy Design Fanatic

• It looks beautiful. Are you sure poly is the way to go?? I'm afraid you will have some cracking issues down the road. I believe Waterlox would have been a much better sealant. Wood naturally expands and contracts, especially with water and moisture from a bathroom. The poly is not flexible and will stress when the wood does it's thing. Also, poly is not waterproof, or not meant for wet areas. Now if the bathroom never gets usage, other than guests washing their hands, it should be fine. But if it's a daily usage sink, then you may have issues. Sorry.

• Diy Design Fanatic

It's been a couple of years since we installed this sink and countertop and we've not had any issues with cracks or water. It still looks great. I went to a woodworkers shop where they specialize in wood finishing when I was looking for a finish for the kitchen butcher blocks and they gave me a urethane topcoat which is extremely durable .

• Debbe

I love this for my Kitchen. Where did you get the wood? I am tired of all the stone and love this wood look....Great Job

Debbe

• Lisa

I cant wait to try this...simple is better!!

• Institches

Would love this in my kitchen but don’t know if it would stand up to all the wiping down...THE HARD USE...I’m hesitant....