Redo Patio Sling Chairs for Under $25

$25
I rescued this 3 piece patio set from someone that was throwing it away. It's a Martha Stewart Everyday and has nice lines so I thought I could do something with it.
Here's an easy patio set redo that you can finish in less than a day and for less than $25!
This is the set before I redid it. The original color was a sage green but had faded. The seat fabric was a woven nylon fabric that had become brittle from the sun and elements. Rips were beginning to appear in the fabric.
There are several online tutorials that show you how to redo the fabric without removing everything from the frame. However, I wanted to change the frame color as well so I removed all of the tracks from the frame for better paint coverage. It was simply 2 screws in each piece.
Using the old fabric as a pattern (basically 4 rectangles) I cut out the new pieces using this outdoor fabric. I sewed double-fold hems around all 4 sides of each rectangle, creating a channel on the 2 sides. The channels allow you to insert the nylon rod from the old fabric and gives strength to the fabric once installed on the frame. The fabric panel simply slides back into the tracks and everything is reattached to the frame. It took 3 cans of spray paint and about 1.5 yards of fabric. I was able to purchase everything for under $25. I had several projects going at once but you could complete this easily within a day.
Angie Forte

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 11 questions

Comments

2 of 68 comments
Next