Summer Luau Flip Flop Wreath

Today I’m sharing a fun Summer Luau Flip Flop Wreath I made for our home and to use this weekend for my hubs Luau Birthday Party.
diy wreath summer luau flip flop, crafts, outdoor living, wreaths
What’s that old saying ……”Out of necessity comes Invention?”
We have the ugliest chain link small fence and gate when you enter our back yard and a very small when you go back into the pool area so anything I can do to make it not as much of an eye sore is great. Someday it will be replaced but for now, I’ll decorate it. HA!!
Here’s the small gate that goes out to our pool. So this was a super easy project and I used most things I had at home and bought a few.
I started with one pool noodle and we have a bunch of these in the back. I taped it together to secure.
I wrapped strips of stripe fabric around and around and hot glued in places every so often. This is fabric I had from when I made the Summer Fabric Banner here.
I found this handmade sign for $.95 at a thrift store and loved the cut edges so I bought it and stashed it away. I knew this would be perfect for an Aloha sign at the top. I began adding some layers of yellow paint while I was working on the wreath so it could dry.
I found these flip flops at the Dollar Store and hot glued them on overlapping at the bottom.
I grabbed some of these drink parasols we had from last summer and broke of the tooth pick ends and then hot glued them on above the flip flops.
I took a flowered lei apart (they came in a 3 pack at the 99 cents store and I bought a bunch for the party) and glued three on to the center of the flip for more interest. The flowers needed a center so I remembered I had pom poms from an Easter project (a big bag from the Dollar Store) so I glued one in each center. How cute is that?
I wrote out the word Aloha in handwriting and then just took my time painting it with craft paint (.69 cents at Michaels and I had a bunch in our cabinet) and I painted varied sized stripes on the edges to go with the look of the stripes in the fabric. Then I just hot glued the sign onto the noodle.
I think it will be a fun way to welcome our friends and family!!
Do you want to see some other fun Luau & Tiki party things I’ve been doing? I made Bamboo Coastal candleholders, Tiki Bar Makeover, and a Tiki Bar Sign. All the posts are here on Hometalk and more detailed posts are on the blog so please come on over for a visit. The link is below. Wreath Ideas
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Jho6676238

My similar summer "beachy" inspiration. I used all dollar store items $5 total to make this flip flop arrangement to hang anywhere. This one was created for a friend in an assisted living / nursing home for her door.
    , Beach Summer Theme Door Hanger Arrangement
  • Jho6676238

Here's another I made for $6.  No glue necessary; the arrangement's ribbon end is woven between the two flipflops then curled. The bird and butterfly are gator clip ons. They are hung by using the store hanger they came with.