Lynn
Lynn
  • Stone Mountain, GA
Asked on Jun 28, 2012

Drip irrigation

360 Sod (Donna Dixson)Walter Reeves

What is the best brand of drip irrigation system for my flower bed? Can't find any reviews online. Thanks, y'all!
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

We use RainBird. They make some nice DIY kits that sell at the big box stores. I have some here, but I am quite a bit out of your way....though I do have my perennials at half off right now ;).

• Walter Reeves

RainBird and RainDrip are two good brands. Make sure you can easily find a wide selection of fittings close by....you'll likely need things later that you haven't thought of the first time around. In my experience it's best to put the emitters on a short stake above each plant. Otherwise you won't know when one is clogged...and they DO get clogged. Also keep an eye out for squirrel and chipmunk damage. With summer drought, the emitters are like a water fountain for critters with sharp teeth...who sometimes gnaw on things just for the fun of it.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Good point about the add-ons Walter. I am amazed at all the really cool stuff they have in drip irrigation these days. It is a bit like playing with tinker toys that spray water!