Terri C

Mystery plant growing in my yard

I would really like to know what this is . . .it is not your typical flower - these are teardrop shaped and the petals do not open ( very smooth and compacted )- except at the very top you see a little bit of yellow. This is just one branch of a large plant. The leaves are pointy and kind of weedy looking . . does someone know what this is??

• Sue Kiene

I like it. It would stay in my garden too

• Cathy Matthias

Pearly Whites!! If you hold some of the flowers in your hand and rub them together; it makes your hands very smooth and smells nice. Uses An infusion of life everlasting, taken as a tea, is useful for lung problems, leukorrhea, and intestinal problems, including hemorrhage. The cold infusion helps expel intestinal worms. A homeopathic tincture is used for sciatica, lumbago, and some kinds of arthritis. The fresh juice is used to calm excessive sexual desire. Externally, it makes a good fomentation for bruises, wounds, and ulcers. The dried flowers are used like hops for a calming herb pillow. As a mouthwash and gargle, the infusion is good for sores in the mouth and throat.

• Cathy Matthias

You're very welcome. That info. was shared with me by a dear friend who is no longer with us but I will always remember the wealth of info. she taught me about nature's 'volunteers'!!