trees

Cork Screw and Hemlock. Will they survive? They are off to a bad start plus we are in the midst of a drought in Alabama. Hot as hades.
I had to wait a week to get these two trees planted, the Cork Screw and the Hemlock but I kept them watered. How often should I water them now? They have been in the ground since June 13 (two weeks). Seems nothing is happening.
I do not have a pic of my Hemlock but he is shrinking from shock. Should I put the big umbrella over him during the drought. How much water do these two trees need? Can you see how the upper branches of the Cork Screw are brown?

• Nancy Rhodes C

Great!! OK. I will try. I have instruction on moving a tree from a friend in Argentina who teaches agriculture. Meanwhile I will have a tree taken down that is nothing but a pest, it and its buddy - pear trees, Haven't had a pear in 10 years now and the leaves are always blackened. That Hemlock would look great there instead of the stubborn pear tree, The tree is about 3 feet tall or maybe four at the most. Do you thing the Corkscrew will be OK in the blazing sun?

The willow can take the sun. It will want as much moisture as you can give it.