Jeanette Yeggy
Jeanette Yeggy
  • Hometalker
  • Davenport, IA

BROKEN POTTERY BACKSPLASH


Broken dishes from the thrift store and a hammered metal plate inspired this Van Gogh-ish backsplash.
broken pottery backsplash, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling
broken pottery backsplash, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling
broken pottery backsplash, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling

Top Hometalk Projects

30 Ways To Use Old Jeans For Brilliant Craft Ideas
23 DIY Wall Clocks That'll Transform Your Whole Room
29 Of The Best DIY Mirror Projects Ever Made
16 Ways to Showcase Your Herb Garden
30 Essential Hacks For Cleaning Around Your Home
31 Amazing Furniture Flips You Have to See to Believe
15 Gorgeous Bohemian Inspired Decor Items To Make For Yourself
31 Amazing Furniture Flips You Have to See to Believe
30 Unusual & Helpful Gardening Tips You'll Want To Know
30 Unusual & Helpful Gardening Tips You'll Want To Know
15 Fabulous Fire Pits For Your Backyard
17 DIY-Inspiring Kitchen Backsplashes
If Your Stairway Walls Are Empty, Here Are 25 Ways To Change Them Now!
30 Fun Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
16 Brilliant Wire Basket Hacks Everyone's Doing Right Now

Have a question about this project?

1 question
  • Jana Yeakel
    on Sep 7, 2018

    Love it! Do you have a larger size photo for the middle one? I’d love more photos if you have them. Thanks! Very talented!

    • Jeanette Yeggy
      on Sep 7, 2018

      Thanks. Sorry I can’t find a better pic of middle section & I don’t live there anymore.

    • Jana Yeakel
      on Sep 8, 2018

      Thanks for replying. Have you done any other mosaic projects since these ones you have posted? Love your work!

Join the conversation

2 of 4 comments
  • Ang372514
    on Aug 17, 2014

    Yes. .i would Love a tutorial on this! Gorgeous!

  • Jeanette Yeggy
    on Aug 17, 2014

    I hammered the pottery into the sizes I wanted (put the plate in a plastic bag & whacked away). I didn't have a set pattern, but an idea of wanted I wanted to do and what colors I wanted to use. I separated the colors out and did one color at a time - so I put tile adhesive on each piece as I went along. I did the red first and that set the pattern. I then used regular tile grout to fill in and scrubbed like mad to get all the residue off. With so many small pieces it took much longer than I expected - but it was well worth it.

Your comment...