DIY Soap Dispenser Using Pace Picante or Salsa Jar

Recycle, RePurpose, ReUse
Turn a Pace Picante Sauce or Salsa Jar into a DIY Soap Dispenser
I wanted to give my kitchen a more sleek and polished look that does not include this unsightly, enormous bottle of dish washing liquid.
Because I use dish soap so regularly, I would really prefer that it remains readily available and not have to store it away in the cabinet.
I’ve seen a lot of chic looking soap dispensers in the stores and even some thrifty creative ones made from mason jars, but I wanted something of a larger scale that would hold quite a bit of soap and still be visually pleasing. It’s not uncommon for me to have a “ah ha” moment, but I can say that I don’t ever remember having one while snacking on chips ‘n salsa!!
The size and shape of the jar happens to be perfect for this DIY project!
Here’s what I used:
arge Dollar Store Hand Soap w/ Pump (only $1)
24oz Pace Salsa or Picante Sauce Jar
Drill
Paint
Glue Gun
Begin with cleaning the jar and lid of its residual contents and soaking it in water to remove the labels.
Drill a hole in the top just big enough to fit the pump stem through (if you don’t have a drill I’m pretty sure you can accomplish this by using a nail and hammer)
Place the stem of the pump through the hole and use your hot glue gun to secure it.
Paint the jar, lid and pump whatever tone you desire. Once the paint has dried, you can begin to assemble your DIY Soap Dispenser!
Fill the jar with dish soap and screw on the cap.
Display ‘n Enjoy
I hope this project inspires you to get your creative juices flowing.
If you have friends who love DIY projects and crafts as much as you do, use the Social Media buttonsto Clip It, Pin It, Tweet It, Post It… share it however you like!
Stop by my blog http://www.TheDIYShow.com for more diy projects and inspirations!!

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
TheDIYShow.com

• Kirsty Merrell

For the plastic containers users... This is a recycled bottle of "Aussie" shampoo. I used paint marker to label it. Will probably redesign later. I'm sure you could probably find other shampoos or conditioners with prettier shapes. If they don't already have a pump, Sally's has them.

, For the plastic containers users This is a recycled bottle of Aussie shampoo I used paint marker to label it Will probably redesign later I m sure you could probably find other shampoos or conditioners with prettier shapes If they don t already have a pump Sally s has them
  • Barbara

I made several little dish soap bottle 'apron's that go around the spout of the soap bottle and tie at the 'waist' with ribbons. I have three for 'everyday' and one for the Easter season, Fall, Fourth of July, and Christmas. They are fun to make and go together very quickly (less than a hour from start to finish). If you don't like to sew, I've seen them at craft fairs many times.