Burlap Covered Cork Board

I found an empty frame at a thrift store recently and I couldn't decide on whether to turn it into a chalk board or a cork board. Because I love burlap so much, I decided to integrate that by adhering it to a piece of cork and slipped it into the frame!
http://vintagemellie.blogspot.com/2012/06/chalk-or-cork-what-to-do.html
Finished burlap covered cork board
Finished burlap covered cork board
Fun desk accessories
Fun desk accessories
burlap covered cork board, chalkboard paint, crafts
Shabby Love - Melissa

• Bonbon

Bonbon

I have Both and also love burlap. What did you use to glue burlap to background cork? Really like your idea.
  • Bonbon

Bonbon

I wonder, what do you think. .... would foam board work in place of the cork.? I think the spray adhesive would hold the burlap the same as cork. I already have foam board but would need to buy cork. I have long frame hanging in garage and
    will steam my burlap wrinkle free.
    • Shabby Love - Melissa

Yes, I think that would work also!
    • Bonbon

Bonbon

Thanks, While making larger one, I think I'll make a small one to fit in my Kitchen. for coupons as they come in and business calls I must make this week. As I go over the weeks clearing, I'll place coupons where I use them instead of a pile here and there.

1 comment