Brooke N
Brooke N
  • Lake Jackson, TX

$10 Washer & Dryer Makeover

After years of staring at my plain white appliances, I got bored. And when I get bored, I get a little crazy. So I decided to paint them with one $10 pint of Rustoleum enamel paint in Regal Red. It took three coats over a weekend, but they look amazing! I followed it up with some spray on poly to help protect it. It's been nearly a year and no chips yet. I used a silver paint pen to add my settings. What I should have done there was placed tracing paper over the knob prongs and meticulously copied my settings, because I left a lot out. Then I could have added a vinyl transfer or used a fine tip paint pen. I may scrape off the paint around the dials and redo it later down the line. Otherwise it was a cheap and easy update! More photos and details here http://www.killerbdesigns.com/10-appliance-makeover/
Before and After: Painted appliances.
Before and After: Painted appliances.
Close up of the dials.
Close up of the dials.
Enamel painted washer and dryer.
Enamel painted washer and dryer.
Brooke N

• John White

Is the paint peeli,g yet?
  • Sandie

How far on the inside did you paint the washer and dryer? Inside the washer lid? Inside the dryer door?
  • Rene Workman

Could I do this to my refrigerator was thinking silver and a coat of poly for shine.

• Karen Hyde

Sure, why not? Probably something-or several somethings-on Pinterest.

• Denise

Was any prep involved to the finish before painting ???