Jann Olson
Jann Olson
  • Alpine, UT

Using Old Windows in Your Decor

I love using old windows as decor both inside and out. I always pick them up when I run across them for a good price. I continually trade off using different ones.
using old windows in your decor, home decor, repurposing upcycling
This window was out on my front porch all summer. Loved it, but was ready for a change. I placed an old piece of picket fence there and brought the window in.
Adding a dolled up paper mache floral planter now gives it a bit of a French feel.
Perfect companion in my living room next to my lacy lampshade and little French stool.
Here's a window that I added the words FALL to for last years mantle display.
I added colored glass to the missing panes in this large arched window. It hangs on a 20 ft. wall in our family room.
This little arched window once hung on the side of the larger window above in a home. I'm sure there had to be another one for the other side. I was only able to get one so I turned it into a display piece where I add seasonal cards and small decor.

Jann Olson

• 169756

To those that have showed some interest in my comments on our "This Old House', I will post a few pics of how some of the wood was used and also what the house looked like prior to some friends and I dismantling it 30 years ago in the summer heat of southern GA!

using old windows in your decor, home decor, repurposing upcycling, Where some of it presently resides in GAusing old windows in your decor, home decor, repurposing upcycling, Here are some of the door framesusing old windows in your decor, home decor, repurposing upcycling, Here are some of the heart pine boardsusing old windows in your decor, home decor, repurposing upcycling, The kitchen floor done with heart pineusing old windows in your decor, home decor, repurposing upcycling, One of the interior doors with no refinishing
  • See More
  • 169756

Thanks Judy. The flooring is gorgeous. There aren't any more of the tongue and groove boards, but they were well used on this kitchen and another loft home floor.

• Your comment...

Next
    Prev