Asked on Apr 13, 2019

How to redo a lamp shade?

LindaVimarhonorLauren of Mom Home Guide
+1

• Tinyshoes

Merrie....You can spray paint, mod podge with material or 1 ply napkins or wrap with ribbon of your choice horizontally.

• Vimarhonor

Hello, I recently spray-painted a paper fiber type lampshade from a thrift store successfully. In my particular instance instance with this lampshade I sprayed with the taupe gray on the outside and I chose white on the inside is for greater light reflection and it made a nice contrast. I favor and have sucess with the spray paint formulations that have both paint and primer, in particular the Rustoleum brand.

Rustoleum recommendations

PREPARE:

Always work in a well-ventilated area. Cover the floor and nearby items with a drop cloth. Lightly scuff any glossy surfaces and wipe clean with a lint-free cloth. Use Painter’s tape to hide any surfaces you don’t want to paint.

PAINT:

Using slow, back-and-forth motions, spray paint each item with several light coats of spray paint, making sure to overlap each stroke slightly. Apply 2-3 coats of spray paint, waiting a few minutes in between each coat.

FINISH:

Let spray paint dry for approximately 1 hour before handling.