Donna
Donna
Asked on Apr 13, 2019

What is the best way to clean, seal and polish granite?

OlivaJoy30150932Charlee Hunter

• Charlee Hunter

Easy. Sealing is easy. There are many products out there to seal. So first, clean. Use a product that is meant for cleaning granite. Once dry, Seal. Sealing granite feels just like cleaning it , it's that simple. Let dry completely. Then use a granite polish. This is the one I got: Rock Doctor Complete Stone Care System Combo Kit,"3 Pack" . Bought it on Amazon.

• Donna

Thank you so much Charlee. It's my first time having granite.

• Joy30150932

There is a special sealer kit for granite. Usually when it is new and at least once a year it is good to put a coat of sealant on it. I use granite wipes in between times and on a regular basis to keep my granite counter clean and shiny.

• Oliva

Hi, Donna,

If you're new to granite, get in the habit of prohibiting the cutting/squeezing of lemons/oranges/strawberries, or use of oils, acids, or vinegars anywhere near the granite, as these can etch the surface. Best to keep a large cutting board with a spill proof edge nearby!