Chanterelle is the only thing that came close. it just looked a little different, thanks
Gomphus floccosus, sometimes known as the shaggy, scaly, or woolly chanterelle or woolly gomphus, is a cantharelloid mushroom.
Kathy, I knew there had to be a mycophile out there!
Kathy...are those edible?
according to wikipedia they will make you sick
Some ppl eat them. http://healing-mushrooms.net/archives/gomphus-floccosus.html
I wouldn't eat any fungus unless I bought it at the grocery store ! They fascinate me but I do not even touch the ones I find.
I remember mushroom hunting with my grandad when I was a kid...he knew his shrooms and we would collect buckets of morels....
I think its a pitcher plant. There are different varieties.
Not a pitcher plant, definitely a fungus.
It's a fungus and I agree with the other comment. I think they are highly toxic and I doubt people eat these.
Looks like some time of mushroom you might find in the woods
Looks like something one might find on another planet. Star Trek anyone?
Google wild mushrooms pictures both poison and edible ones.
THis kind of mushrooms are very poisonous.