Coral Geometric Headboard for Under $100 (UO Knock Off)

I got a new full size bed earlier this year (after graduating from a twin, yay for me!) and my old headboard (which used to be a tall, weathered door) no longer worked. It looked super awkward just standing behind the bed.
The Weathered Door: Coral Geometric Headboard
Laying out and building the headboard.
I searched for a while and considered a few different options like an upholstered and tufted headboard, but that style just wasn't what I was looking for. A more modern, clean lined look was what I was going for, so I began searching for a geometric headboard.
Stained and the white diamonds painted on.
I finally found one a few weeks later on Urban Outfitters, but it was $700! So, I began planning and building my own. Total, I spend $60 for the wood and screws. I already had all of the stain, paint and sealer on hand, so I was able to make this statement headboard for a fraction of the cost! I love the way it turned out!
Visit the link to the blog post for more photos!

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Weathered Door

• Dawn Darling
    Dawn Darling

Love this idea. I just started getting a headboard from the wood portion of a older box spring. So I know what to do with the remaining wood to make it a panel of strips. The so a deco paint pattern. Thx 4 sharing

• Janice
    Janice

I love it! Amazing what a person can do with a few supplies and a lot of imagination. Thanks for posting this.