Linda P
Linda P
  • Steubenville, OH

Father's Day gift for my geeky husband.

I converted our outside, basement door into the Tardis. (The time machine from Doctor Who) It's the perfect entrance for his "man cave". I had some help with the power tools and details.
Before
Before
Before
Before
The first color try.  I didn't like it so I took it back in and they fixed it for free.
The first color try. I didn't like it so I took it back in and they fixed it for free.
The sign.  I cut out letters and taped them on.  Then I lightly sprayed with black paint.  It took several coats.
The sign. I cut out letters and taped them on. Then I lightly sprayed with black paint. It took several coats.
After the right number of coats of paint I removed the paper letters.
The final sign after the white touch up.
Hanging the sign.  We secured it right into the brick.  The trim on the metal door was screwed right in too.
Hanging the sign. We secured it right into the brick. The trim on the metal door was screwed right in too.
The final result!!
The final result!!
Doctor Who always parks his tardis in the most unusual places.  My husband LOVED IT!!!!  So did his geek friends. :)
Doctor Who always parks his tardis in the most unusual places. My husband LOVED IT!!!! So did his geek friends. :)

• Polly Zieper

Did you make the stencil? This is so cool!!!My husband would love it for Father's Day, and my son would love it for his dorm door!!

• Margaret Teske

Can you come and make me one?? It would go with all my other Dr Who stuff
  • Mary

I have metal back door. Do you thnknI can paint it? What kind of paint should I use?

• Kate Rothacker

Brilliant!

• Jennifer

I love Doctor Who ! I knew exactly what it was "The Tardis "bigger inside than outside! A new Doctor is coming and female!!
    Alright maybe I'm a little geeky! What an awesome present for Father's Day! Wow I just saw the date on this post , awhile back!