Removing Water-rings From Wood With Mayo!

$0

I recently found a set of gorgeous mid-century tables at Goodwill for a steal. Problem? Their finishes were less than stellar. On this little table, the main issue was water-rings on the top tier.
I remembered seeing something about using mayo to remove water-rings on Pinterest, so I figured I'd give it a go.
Verdict?? It worked great!! The mayo made the rings undetectable. The area where they were is still slightly darker than the surrounding wood, but barely. For whatever reason, this color variation shows up more in the photo than real life. I think it actually gives the table more character (like you need any, you handsome stud). ;)
In any case, I was super impressed with how well this worked. It was easy and inexpensive. I would easily do this again and/or recommend it to others. Check out my blog post for more details!

Operation Home Blog

• Mary Parent

I have a table with rings too. How long did you leave it on?

• Shawna Bailey

As long as it takes, leave it for a few hours, wipe it up. If the marks are still there, then reapply.

• Thanks for nice ideas.The first step forhardwood water removal are to get rid of as much standing water as possible.You may want to use a rubber push squeegee or a Shop-Vac to help you with thisprocess.Good work.

• Reh14563223

My grandmother always used mayo this way. If the wood was really dark she mixed cigarette ashes into it. Left it on overnight. It works!