Removing Water-rings From Wood With Mayo!

48K Views
I recently found a set of gorgeous mid-century tables at Goodwill for a steal. Problem? Their finishes were less than stellar. On this little table, the main issue was water-rings on the top tier.
Time: 5 MinutesCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • how to removing wood water rings mayonnaise, cleaning tips, how to
I remembered seeing something about using mayo to remove water-rings on Pinterest, so I figured I'd give it a go.
Verdict?? It worked great!! The mayo made the rings undetectable. The area where they were is still slightly darker than the surrounding wood, but barely. For whatever reason, this color variation shows up more in the photo than real life. I think it actually gives the table more character (like you need any, you handsome stud). ;)
In any case, I was super impressed with how well this worked. It was easy and inexpensive. I would easily do this again and/or recommend it to others. Check out my blog post for more details!

Suggested materials for this project:

Operation Home Blog