Kimberly Smith
Kimberly Smith
  • Saint Petersburg, FL

Glass Door Knob Coat Rack

$10

The first house my husband and I lived in was practically crumbling. It was a beautiful old home complete with gaping holes (to welcome the bugs), a broken air conditioning unit (in the Florida heat, no less), and amazing glass doorknobs. We eventually moved on to newer homes without all the problems, but that first home of ours always kept a special place in my heart.
foyer coat rack glass door knob repurpose, foyer, wall decor
Then, I got word from my father-in-law (who owned the home) that he would be tearing it down, since it most likely had extensive termite damage. The day before the bulldozers tore through, I was able to salvage all of the glass door knobs.
I held on to them for quite some time until I finally figured out how to make a coat rack with them! It was tricky at first, especially since the old door knobs threads can be a little wonky, but eventually I got the hang of it.
We use these daily in our and they've held up very well!
Kimberly Smith