Old Ikea Loft Bed, Becomes A Garden Bench

I have a 2002 Ikea loft bed that has become bowed and has a crack in one section. Being that is was obviously unsafe to use, it has sat in the basement for over a year. Since I have been wanting to make a garden bench for awhile, it finally dawned on me that I could repurpose the Ikea loft bed.
Below is only a portion of the loft bed used. You can see what sections became what. :)
After the bench was built, all the screw holes and existing holes from the loft bed configuration were spackled. Seams were caulked and I sanded the entire bench with 120 grit sandpaper.
Bench completly built.
While the bench was fine in its natural state, I decided to paint it so it would better match the garage / mudroom entry door. Zissner, 123 Primer was used to cover the pine wood knots and three coats of white spray paint was applied to the bench.
Bench ready for accent color.
Once the bench was painted white, I wanted to add an accent color. Valspars, La Fonda Mirage spray paint was used on the middle back support beam and front apron.
Here is the completed bench!
I am currently in the process of a major garage overhaul / makeover. The bench was built to fit into a small niche by the garage entry into the house. A clock (from Ikea) and a coat rack (made from a beam from the Ikea loft bed) was added.
Here is the home for the new bench.
My family and I love it and considering I was able to make use of an old Ikea bed, that makes me happy! :)
For the complete details about the bench transformation, check out the link below.
Happy Repurposing! :D
Julie
BeingHomeDecor.com

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Being Home

• Joanie

I love your entire idea and your entry way has everything. Welcome home, see the time, hang up jacket and remove shoes. Great way to enter your home!! Love everything!
  • Do lou

I'm also wish to know the wall color and the floor color as well. Thank you in advance!