Asked on Aug 19, 2014

Natural Flea Killer for Cats

Do your best!.Elaine KillingsworthKaren Sheilds
+6

Please Help!
I just discovered fleas on my indoor cats! Fleas!! I cannot use the most common flea killers because I have a Lung and Heart condition. Does anyone have a natural, low or no scent recipe to help me get rid of these horrible pests? I need help with both my cats and my home. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
  • Moxie
    Moxie

Diatomaceouse Earth...food grade..still don't breath the dust during application..but works great and doesn't hurt you or the cats! 10# box for $20 from Amazon..google the stuff for info..it will kill anything with an exoskeleton..sry to hear of your health issues but luv to see how much you love your cats : )

• Karen Sheilds
    Karen Sheilds

Thanks @Moxie! I ordered some from Amazon, so hopefully I will be flea-free really soon. Thanks again for the advice!

• Anjejamu
    Anjejamu

Used diatomaetious dust on my cat and home and it worked wonderfully. It works great if you have an ant infestation also. Love this stuff!!!

• Karen Sheilds
    Karen Sheilds

Thanks so much @Anjejamu I'm hoping it will work great for me too!

• Mary Morrison
    Mary Morrison

Karen, I empathize with you. My indoor cat has them too. She's not a happy cat and I've tried everything.

• Karen Sheilds
    Karen Sheilds

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have dusted the cats & the carpets (and everything else I can think of) with diatamatious earth and it seems to be doing the job! I could see considerably less fleas within 2 days after the first dusting. I do think that it will take a bit of time for the D.E. to completely work but I would rather sprinkle, vacuum, repeat then spray chemicals all over my house. Thank you all for the advice, you guys are lifesavers!

• Elaine Killingsworth
    Elaine Killingsworth

Use night lights in you low outlets, with a container of water underneath the light. The light will attract the fleas and the water will drown them. Also, my granny told me once that fleas don't like the "china berry tree". She said to place branches from the tree around in the house and fleas will not hang around. I haven't tried it.

• Do your best!.
      Do your best!.

That dose work.. Ohh if there is critters i call them.. They will jump into the water.. An DYE.. I say that so evil..lol.. Ruddy things

• Do your best!.
    Do your best!.

Bless had this prob tried all the homade things.. Comment above showed me just how meny were left in my home still. I at to go vets an use broadline drops this kills all on cats. But they do still live in carpets ect.. Just hover an set the warm water traps.. You will get there eventually. Bless.