Paper Organizer

I don't know about you but my desk can get completely obliterated by all the piles of papers that accumulate on it. I am constantly moving them from one spot to keep them out of my way but need them to stay on my desk because I am a procrastinator. If I take them off I will totally forget about them. I needed a paper organizer but when I checked they were a little more expensive than I wanted to spend - so I decided to make my own.
I couldn't decide what to make one out of till one morning my granddaughter left an empty cereal box on the kitchen counter and as I was getting ready to drop it in the garbage can an idea occured. Why not use some of these to make my paper organizer out of.
So, I took three of them and cut them at an angle as below and then taped them together to make them easier to cover.
I covered them with some scrapbook paper I had on hand that went well with my craft room decor.
Then I embellished them with a little lace and some scrapbook label holders. I love the results and it holds quite a few papers that I need to address - up out of my way.
And, I love the way it looks sitting on my desk with my other recycled desk organizers.
For more details check out the URL below.

25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Cathy @Vintage, Paint and more....

• Kathleenwalsh
    Kathleenwalsh

Have you Decoupaged your paper to the boxes ?

• Kathleenwalsh
      Kathleenwalsh

No not with paper but with fabric I was not so happy with it I think it was the cloth...

• Mary Ann K.
    Mary Ann K.

I don’t have scrapbooking paper. Maybe I could buy some inexpensively at the dollar store? Or could I use the old contact paper-type covering?

• Luanne
      Luanne

It is a bit trickier to get the wrinkles out with the Contact paper, but I think it helps to make it more sturdy. I have made some magazine holders out of cereal boxes and they turned out nicely, but have a credit card or straight edge ready for pressing it down flat, and if it ends up with a wrinkle in the inside of the box, its usually covered up with a magazine or paper anyway.

• Bobbie
    Bobbie

This is so cool! Thank you!

• Rita  Kay
    Rita Kay

I have regular office file holders............but I like your idea because it is enclosed so the papers don't fall out! Plus, I get to recycle something into a usable product and I can decorate them to match or highlite my home décor. Would be good to hold the grands daily graded homework until it can be sorted into their permanent file on the weekend. (We keep everything until the school year is over and then we sort thru it to see the progress that was made and also to see what might need a little refresher over the summer. )