Paper Organizer

I don't know about you but my desk can get completely obliterated by all the piles of papers that accumulate on it. I am constantly moving them from one spot to keep them out of my way but need them to stay on my desk because I am a procrastinator. If I take them off I will totally forget about them. I needed a paper organizer but when I checked they were a little more expensive than I wanted to spend - so I decided to make my own.
I couldn't decide what to make one out of till one morning my granddaughter left an empty cereal box on the kitchen counter and as I was getting ready to drop it in the garbage can an idea occured. Why not use some of these to make my paper organizer out of.
So, I took three of them and cut them at an angle as below and then taped them together to make them easier to cover.
I covered them with some scrapbook paper I had on hand that went well with my craft room decor.
Then I embellished them with a little lace and some scrapbook label holders. I love the results and it holds quite a few papers that I need to address - up out of my way.
And, I love the way it looks sitting on my desk with my other recycled desk organizers.
For more details check out the URL below.

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Cathy @Vintage, Paint and more....

• Kathleenwalsh

Have you Decoupaged your paper to the boxes ?

• Kathleenwalsh

No not with paper but with fabric I was not so happy with it I think it was the cloth...

• Mary Ann K.

I don’t have scrapbooking paper. Maybe I could buy some inexpensively at the dollar store? Or could I use the old contact paper-type covering?

• Luanne

It is a bit trickier to get the wrinkles out with the Contact paper, but I think it helps to make it more sturdy. I have made some magazine holders out of cereal boxes and they turned out nicely, but have a credit card or straight edge ready for pressing it down flat, and if it ends up with a wrinkle in the inside of the box, its usually covered up with a magazine or paper anyway.

• Bobbie

This is so cool! Thank you!

• Rita Kay

I have regular office file holders............but I like your idea because it is enclosed so the papers don't fall out! Plus, I get to recycle something into a usable product and I can decorate them to match or highlite my home décor. Would be good to hold the grands daily graded homework until it can be sorted into their permanent file on the weekend. (We keep everything until the school year is over and then we sort thru it to see the progress that was made and also to see what might need a little refresher over the summer. )