Asked on Aug 19, 2014

Coastal /vintage

ReginaLiliana WellsJeanette S
+5

When I started my Perennial garden around my low deck ..I started with bright colors going for the coastal look ..then I fell in love with vintage milk cans and vintage well pumps ..I know there are décor rules for indoor ..But do you think the 2 can work together?
  • Jenny Cox
    Jenny Cox

Oh sure they can! Make what you like best the focal point, and work around that.

• Donna Byram
    Donna Byram

I have used my milk can as a stand for my pump head. I decorate with old farm equipment and country decor. I love mixing it together. Here's some pictures of how I have used my finds.

coastal vintage, flowers, gardening, home decor, perennialcoastal vintage, flowers, gardening, home decor, perennial
    • Donna Byram
      Donna Byram

@Cat King I found a pot that fit just right. Didn't fill with dirt, although the can had a rust hole in the bottom so extra water drains out. The one that is holding the pump head belong to my in-laws when they use to milk cows. I keep it under the porch so it won't ruin.

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

Actually, you can have little clusters of very different items scattered through your garden. It just makes it more interesting!

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

Do whatever works for you!

• Regina
    Regina

Rules? There are rules in gardening? My mantra is do what you love and enjoy it. Very pretty by the way..Regina