Rita
Rita
  • Sussex, NJ
Asked on Apr 13, 2019

How can I fix my baggy pants?

Nancy TurnerCrystal Meyer GriffithDesertRose
+1

How can I fix my baggy pants they are baggy in the backseat area. Can you please help?

• Kathy Gunter Law

They can be taken up in the seat area along the seam. It’s best to do this in small increments if you are doing it by yourself because it’s difficult to measure and mark on your own.

• DesertRose

I would put two darts down the back(like on either side of the center) , a dart starts out wide at the band, like 3/4 to 1/2 inch depending on how much you want to take up, and goes at a slant to form a point at the end about 5 or 6 inches down. Then trim or fold and iron over it.

• Crystal Meyer Griffith

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355197.0

Check this tutorial for one method. My husband suffered from "NoAssAtAll Disease" after weight loss. He also lost weight in his legs but not in waist or hips! Weird. I had to alter his uniforms for work. I basically did the same thing as this tutorial but I also opened the vertical crotch seam and did each pant leg separately so that my final seam would be the crotch seam and not the side to side leg seam. This helps the pants to hang better. If you look at men's pants, you will see that the final seam is the back to front crotch seam, not the side to side leg seams. This vertical seam allows for waist alterations and prevent pulling at the crotch. On jeans, I don't think it would make that much difference since the seams are flat-felled. Hope this helps

• Nancy Turner

Love Crystal's suggestion. If that is too much for you to do, there may be reasonable businesses that do alterations that may be able to help you. It may look better than doing a job that ends up not looking nice.