Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR

My mattress story of woe

Wanda sinnemaWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comDee W
+4

Just had to share, since I think this is as far as we can go on this. Last July we bought a latex memory foam mattress, for us big bucks, $1200 plus tax. Within 3 months I noticed I was sleeping in a dip and the middle was getting higher. (I am heavier than hubs)so we turned the mattress to the next degree. Well, after a few months I noticed the same thing happening, so I contacted the company that sold it to us. They had sold out to a big mattress company , so we had to send in pictures etc of the "depression" Well , we did not do it then because I had bypass surgery and it wasnt a priority. So this May we contacted the company, sent in pictures and measurements etc of the depression. Too bad , so sad, it was only 5/8th of a inch not 1 1/2. So I am asking the customer service lady the same thing I had asked the rep on the phone, if this is memory foam, why would you expect to see a big depression on the mattress? Of course it is going to pop back up. However the DENSITY from where I lay on it doesnt show, and I am sleeping in a trough! Too bad. So my story is , for me, get a much cheaper mattress, and buy a memory foam topper to put on top so you can change it when it starts failing. I am not a happty camper, but I have to wait til 1 1/2 inches! patooie.
Has anyone else had a similar experience, and did you get satisfaction? I got the "criterior" run around.
  • 3po3

The whole mattress business is notoriously shady. So sorry.

• Miriam I

Never had this experience but will definitely do my homework when buying a mattress! So sorry, I hope this works out!

• Bernice H

Thanks Miriam and Steve..lesson learned, dont buy into the hype of warranty etc...doesnt mean a thing. "The carpet installer told me the same thing, carpet sales can give you a warranty for anything you want....doesnt mean a thing. I am thinking costco....costco...costco...I dont know how they can afford to return all that stuff, but they do.

• Dee W

I am so sorry this happenend to you.

• I did an inspection for someone who owned a mattress company. If you knew the markups on these things you would stay awake at night. Big rip offs. Have you checked with the BBB on this? What about consumers. Did they rate the mattress? I think if you complain enough you may get some satisfaction.

• Wanda sinnema

I'd contact the AG office for the state.. document everything.... sometimes telling them you are filing a complaint will help... Our local television station has a consumer reporter... they contact you, the company, and sometimes take a crew to film... negative press is not a good thing for any business.... go get'em... this is just wrong..

• Bernice H

@Wanda sinnema i wish i had thought of that , we dont have the mattress any more, but even then,the store sold out and the manufacturer got involved...our issue didnt bother them any. Thanks..i will remember this hint!