Susan S
Susan S
  • Fredericksburg, VA

THE LEOPARD TIRE PLANTER

STEP I. Find yourself an old tire - preferrably w/o the rim!!
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, See all the crackling and crazing in the rubber
See all the crackling and crazing in the rubber?
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Assemble all necessary cleaning products Drink yep Bleach all purpose cleaner rubber gloves etc
Assemble all necessary cleaning products: Drink - yep! Bleach, all purpose cleaner, rubber gloves etc.
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Have resident handyman aka my hunny pry off old rusty rim He says piece of cake BIG screwdriver should pop this loose
Have resident "handyman" aka my hunny pry off old rusty rim. He says "piece of cake - BIG screwdriver should pop this loose!!
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Grrrrrrunt prrrrry and whack
Grrrrrrunt . . . . .prrrrry and whack!!!
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, OK time for the big boy toys er tools Let s try a crowbar that oughta do it FINAL SCORE Rusty Rim 1 Hunny Tools 0 Time for Plan B
OK, time for the big boy toys . . er tools!! Let's try a crowbar, that ought to do it! FINAL SCORE: Rusty Rim 1 - Hunny & Tools 0. Time for Plan "B"
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, STEP II Paint entire tire RIM INCLUDED in your choice of base color Remember this pic it made it s debut as a Plant Stand when I featured my Hydrangeas Surely this tire has a more prestigious future remember the crazing
STEP II: Paint entire tire - RIM INCLUDED in your choice of base color. Remember this pic - it made it's debut as a Plant Stand when I featured my Hydrangeas!! Surely this tire has a more prestigious future - remember the crazing?
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, My helper using nut picker to dig dirt out of treads WHAT Just cuz it s a tire doesn t mean it should suffer w unsightly treads Just wait
My helper using nut picker to dig dirt out of treads. WHAT?? Just cuz it's a tire doesn't mean it should suffer w/unsightly treads!! Just wait . . . . . .
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Well of course I painted the treads I mean just look that pretty chevron design and besides you didn t really think I d pass up this tedious opportunity DID YOU
Well of course I painted the treads. I mean, just look @that pretty chevron design and besides . . . you didn't really think I'd pass up this tedious opportunity, DID YOU??
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, TA DA The LEOPARD TIRE PLANTER now you know WHY I was soooo obsessed w the cracks crazing It just SCREAMED make me something really special
TA DA!!! ;~) The LEOPARD TIRE PLANTER - now you know WHY I was soooo obsessed w/the cracks & crazing. It just SCREAMED make me something really special!!!
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, STEP III Prepping the planter Styrofoam peanuts for drainage and no added weight like gravel would do
STEP III: Prepping the planter. Styrofoam peanuts for drainage and no added weight like gravel would do!!
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Add soil plants Hen chicks plus the cutest lil cactus cute but it bites
Add soil & plants. Hens & chicks plus the cutest lil cactus (cute, but it bites)
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Dress it up with some pretty white granite gravel
Dress it up with some pretty white granite gravel.
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Perfect fit right in the middle of our never used glass table on the deck what a centerpiece
Perfect fit - right in the middle of our never used glass table on the deck - what a centerpiece!!
the leopart tire planter, gardening, repurposing upcycling, But then I decided the front porch would be better if I didn t want to roast it so it ended up on an old milkcan
But . . . . . then I decided the front porch would be better if I didn't want to roast it so it ended up on an old milk-can!

• Bfuevela

What type of paint did you use for both the primer and beautiful colors?

Will acrylic work?