THE LEOPARD TIRE PLANTER

STEP I. Find yourself an old tire - preferrably w/o the rim!!
See all the crackling and crazing in the rubber?
Assemble all necessary cleaning products: Drink - yep! Bleach, all purpose cleaner, rubber gloves etc.
Have resident "handyman" aka my hunny pry off old rusty rim. He says "piece of cake - BIG screwdriver should pop this loose!!
Grrrrrrunt . . . . .prrrrry and whack!!!
OK, time for the big boy toys . . er tools!! Let's try a crowbar, that ought to do it! FINAL SCORE: Rusty Rim 1 - Hunny & Tools 0. Time for Plan "B"
STEP II: Paint entire tire - RIM INCLUDED in your choice of base color. Remember this pic - it made it's debut as a Plant Stand when I featured my Hydrangeas!! Surely this tire has a more prestigious future - remember the crazing?
My helper using nut picker to dig dirt out of treads. WHAT?? Just cuz it's a tire doesn't mean it should suffer w/unsightly treads!! Just wait . . . . . .
Well of course I painted the treads. I mean, just look @that pretty chevron design and besides . . . you didn't really think I'd pass up this tedious opportunity, DID YOU??
TA DA!!! ;~) The LEOPARD TIRE PLANTER - now you know WHY I was soooo obsessed w/the cracks & crazing. It just SCREAMED make me something really special!!!
STEP III: Prepping the planter. Styrofoam peanuts for drainage and no added weight like gravel would do!!
Add soil & plants. Hens & chicks plus the cutest lil cactus (cute, but it bites)
Dress it up with some pretty white granite gravel.
Perfect fit - right in the middle of our never used glass table on the deck - what a centerpiece!!
But . . . . . then I decided the front porch would be better if I didn't want to roast it so it ended up on an old milk-can!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home

• Bfuevela

What type of paint did you use for both the primer and beautiful colors?

Will acrylic work?