Margie P
Margie P
  • Burlington, NC

Had to put a new well in, now I have this big plastic rock in my backyard. Please help. I need some ideas.

Sherrie SJeanette SDouglas Hunt
+4

• Carroll A

Are you asking on how to hide it? If so, can you put flower beds around it and plant taller plants that will hide it?

• Sherrie S

Marjie P, I think if you post a picture of the well and/or plastic rock you can get a lot of help & opinions.

• 3po3

You could also paint it to camouflage it to blend into the grass, fence, mulch or whatever you might have behind it.

• Build a wishing well over it.

And how big is big?

• Jeanette S

I don't understand...how did getting a new well create a plastic rock? Is this a cover for the pump? A well usually means rural living or a place containing property. Like it or not, having been raised in the country, a pump house is you best bet. If you do not want to get creative and put in a pump/storage house, think of fencing off the pump and creating a relaxing place....pergola with patio with relaxing chairs, gazebo, patio with fire pit and grill, etc. You would then never know the pump is there.

• Sherrie S

Jeanette S, some people buy the big plastic rock to cover the well. Since I have 2 wells I can tell you that it is easy to cover my well and my rental home well with bushes & plants. Being in an HOA we are required to do so & it looks nicer than plastic. Both of my houses have very large lawn areas & city water was exorbitant.