Jan
Jan
Asked on Apr 13, 2019

How do you get you drinking glasses to look like new?

DeAndreaShelli Kisch Haipek

My glasses look like they have a film on them even when I wash them by hand with Dawn.Jan Schroeder

• Shelli Kisch Haipek

If you have hard water and you use a dishwasher, I have heard that it actually scratches or etches glass, causing that cloudy look. If it's not that try soaking in CLR, then washing

• DeAndrea

Vinegar will neutralize the film on the glasses. It is also cheaper than CLR. Try switching powdered dishwasher detergents and using less detergent when running a load of dishes.

On another note, I’ve been told by an installer/repair person that the pre-measured pods’ outer coatings do not dissolve completely and can cause the drain to clog.

Good luck~~

• Valleycat1

Not much, maybe a quarter cup to a sink of water.

The glass could be etched (rather than it being hard water residue) which means the only recourse is buying new glassware. My dishwasher guide recommends using half a receptacle of detergent, not full unless the dishes are super dirty.

• DeAndrea

Thank you for clarifying. Yes use vinegar in the sink or a large bowl. I use straight vinegar, not cut with water. Do not use vinegar in the dishwasher.