Need Shelves? Just Hang up a Crate!

I desired to find a cool place to store powder room essentials, but I wanted it to resemble my style. So I hung up an old crate, filled it up with toilet paper, slapped a license plate across the front and wondered if the internet would laugh me offline.
Well, that didn't happen. The crate and plate idea was published, and suddenly the crate and plate combo was being copied all over the land! Wow!
Now, before you think it was due to my glorious toilet paper, I'm thinking no. :)
Using crates as shelves has been used for years by so many. It was a hit because it is instant and easy! Put away your saw and hammer this round, because those little prebuilt boxes are ready to simply mount and work hard for you. Rustic style.
Here are some old crate shelf ideas I've done. Click the blog link below to visit even more ideas, PLUS where you can pick them up too!
What do you think? Too rustic or right up your crate lovin' alley?
Visit my entire guide series on Hometalk by clicking
Watch people lust over your toilet paper after you've teamed it up with a crate and a license plate. I know you want that... :)
My kitchen was a MESS of paperwork and riff raff. The counters were always cluttered. See what a few hung up crates did to change all that next....
BAM! Instant counter space, with a coolness factor two cats also adore. Because they told me so...
Junky bling may look pretty, but make it work for you too. The license plate hides unsightly paperwork. How tricky is that?
It's fun to make each section do something spectacular and important. Crates like to feel productive and useful I'm sure...
Extend your kitchen usefulness with a tiny crate to create two layers.
But that's not all... click the blog link below, to visit more ideas, PLUS where you can find them for yourself too!

Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Michelle Leslie

Oh wow, I've got the crate, I've got the license plate. Sooo going to be making this. Thank you!!

• Blindsgalore

What an inexpensive and creative way to add more space to a room. Thanks for sharing!