HouseTalkN
HouseTalkN
  • Champaign, IL

Need a buffet for your outdoor party?

HouseTalkN used an old ironing board as a buffet/bar!
(I finally found a use for an ironing board!) Check out the full post: http://www.housetalkn.com/2012/05/my-sunroom-makeover.html
Vintage ironing board as buffet
Vintage ironing board as buffet
HouseTalkN

• MM

So how do you keep an ironing board, much less an old one, steady? I've hipchecked mine more than a few times by accident! Otherwise I can't see a more versatile buffet. Just fold and go😊

• Debra Slagle

you can use homemade anchors out of old wire hangers to slip over the legs for outdoor use during a bbq.

• Susan N

The nice thing about using an ironing board is that you can adjust the height. If you want it as a buffet, adjust it higher. If the host/ess wants it close to the table for easy retrieval of more food and drinks, make it low. Here's my tip for a full size ironing board: I used mine through law school to provide convenient, extra work space. I pulled it next to my chair and had the board at the same height as the seat so I could look down on my research materials and have them close at hand as I worked at my desk. No one ever has enough desk or table space for certain projects and my ironing board helped me stay efficient and organized for school!

• Blindsgalore

Not only is this super convenient, but I love the look it can add to your party. Great idea!