M A
M A
  • Keene, NH

Motion Activated Sprinkler

KAshley ReedM A
+9

Does anyone have a good place to get a motion activated sprinkler? I can special-order it from my local hardware store. They said it was going to take a while to get it
  • Sherrie S

M A, do you mean something that blasts water only when some animal/person goes near it?

• Carroll A

Hmmmm mad at the mailman? Just kidding I have not heard of them but I bet you could make one.

• Sherrie S

Carroll A, I have one at my KOI pond and I didn't make it.

• Carroll A

Wow kind of cool idea!

• Sherrie S

Carroll, it does a good job. Finds motion then shoots a blast of water. I've been hit just walking past the pond. You have to know where it shoots water.

• Walter Reeves

you can order them from Amazon and get quick shipping http://www.contech-inc.com/products/scarecrow/

• Carroll A

I googled it too. Then called my mother and told her about this. She has what she calls 200 pound slugs(aka deer) in her yard eating her garden.

• Sherrie S

Walter, I would also recommend Amazon since that is where I bought mine.

• M A

Thanks for the suggestions. (Sorry about the delay in posting). I am trying to keep cats from using my veg. garden as a litter box,

• M A

Walter, I just went to the site you posted and I wish I had seen it in the spring. The motion detector costs much less than the other products I have looked at, and I really liked some of the other products too. Thank you.

• Ashley Reed

That would be a brilliant way to keep cats away from the veggie garden, or anywhere. I think I might try this with the fence, they keep running away. They hate water more than anything, like most cats, so it might deter them enough to not jump on the fence anymore! http://www.watersolutionsco.com/sprinkler-installation

• K

I know that this is an old post, but I just wanted to share anyway. I have had perfect success with one that looks like the scarecrow on amazon, but I got mine from Walmart for about $50. I have a beautiful little Juniper on the corner that seems to be the favorite leg lift spot for every male dog that happens by, but not anymore. It clicks, makes a psst sound, then fires a spray in their direction. Works every time.