Shade garden fence

This is a fence that we made out of very old windows and stair balusters, both left over from jobs my hubby did. The windows are so old that they have hand-rolled glass! There are two sections with my tea pot fountain set between the two fence sections. I love them because they are open and don't obstruct my view and they keep the dog from tearing through my shade garden!
Old window fence

• Suzette

Color ofpaint? Did u make fountain r buy?

• Ann Eichenberger

The paint color is fabulous. Will you share your secret to painting the containers. Did you do anything extra besides painting them? Paint color and brand--please!

• Judy

So by adding glass windows, it cuts back on the sun? I would think it intensifies it. Why then the purpose of the glass? Thanks!

• Carol Marie Rongholt

I think she meant that its a fence "for" her shade garden ... I'm going to try it as a fence to actually shade my garden (I get too much sun living in arizona) ... I think that using a light coat of spray paint might do the trick, or perhaps two coats of shellac or varnish.

• Joanie

You could or may wanna try stick on sheets of tiffany , frosted or etc. designs on the glass windows???? Just a suggestion to let light in, but NOT full sun light???

• Iris Hudson Gasser

What color paint is the fence?

• Oga22248873

I am in love and inspired by your fence idea. I want to build one and have tried but its not working out right for me. I love the artistic and just all around feeling it im going to keep trying until I get it right. Thanks for sharing
  • Margo Reilly

I love everything about this....just gorgeous