Shade garden fence

This is a fence that we made out of very old windows and stair balusters, both left over from jobs my hubby did. The windows are so old that they have hand-rolled glass! There are two sections with my tea pot fountain set between the two fence sections. I love them because they are open and don't obstruct my view and they keep the dog from tearing through my shade garden!
Old window fence

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

• Suzette

Color ofpaint? Did u make fountain r buy?

• Ann Eichenberger

The paint color is fabulous. Will you share your secret to painting the containers. Did you do anything extra besides painting them? Paint color and brand--please!

• Judy

So by adding glass windows, it cuts back on the sun? I would think it intensifies it. Why then the purpose of the glass? Thanks!

• Carol Marie Rongholt

I think she meant that its a fence "for" her shade garden ... I'm going to try it as a fence to actually shade my garden (I get too much sun living in arizona) ... I think that using a light coat of spray paint might do the trick, or perhaps two coats of shellac or varnish.

• Joanie

You could or may wanna try stick on sheets of tiffany , frosted or etc. designs on the glass windows???? Just a suggestion to let light in, but NOT full sun light???

• Grace Gleason

Not to mention, how many birds have knocked themselves silly flying into the glass panes?

• Iris Hudson Gasser

What color paint is the fence?

• Oga22248873

I am in love and inspired by your fence idea. I want to build one and have tried but its not working out right for me. I love the artistic and just all around feeling it im going to keep trying until I get it right. Thanks for sharing
  • Margo Reilly

I love everything about this....just gorgeous