Asked on Apr 14, 2019

How do I start a makeover for my bedroom?

Cynthia HPamelaMorgan McBride
+2

• Homeroad

I would begin by taking everything out of the room. Decide what you want to keep or donate. Maybe get a new area rug, paint your furniture, add some new pieces, new bedding, new pictures on the wall and you will have a whole new room.

Here is a tutorial I wrote about painting your furniture https://www.homeroad.net/2015/08/master-bedroom-furniture-makeover.html

• Kathy Gunter Law

Paint and a new comforter & curtains.

• Morgan McBride

Go on pinterest or instagram and make a collection of inspiration that you like. Pick out the elements that appeal to you and work to figure out how you can pull aspects of that into your room.

• Pamela

Hi ! First decide what kind of look you are going for and what kind of budget you have . If you have a small budget , just paint walls , furniture ... Get a new blanket , throw pillows and curtains...If you have a big budget paint , new flooring , new furniture , bedding , curtains , a new closet system ... Most importantly use this time to go through all your stuff and weed out all the things you don't use anymore , get rid of clutter and get ready for a fresh new room ! If you let me know what style you like , I can give you ideas on how to re do or refinish what you already have . Pics of your furniture would help, but not necessary .😊

• Cynthia H

When I redid mine, I started by decluttering like crazy. Then I decided what to keep of my furniture. I decided what needed replacing, updating, etc. I picked my color palette. I kept the walls a soft color, the carpet plush and light and then layered in colors with bedding and accent pieces that I loved. I also only allowed in things I loved. I made sure I had good light at bedside for my reading.