Kitty Fletcher
Kitty Fletcher
  • Palm Bay, FL
Asked on Apr 14, 2019

What is the best way to clean the aluminum part of windows?

Linda SikutSylvia CandlerMogie
+4

• Janice

Hi Kitty, clean the aluminum part just as you do the windows. Drying well will help. If you want to add a bit of shine, use a drop or two of any vegetable oil on a soft cloth or paper towel and rub over the aluminum part (not the glass) and it'll refresh the aluminum to make it look new again. Be VERY sparing with the oil.

• Kitty Fletcher

Excellent idea. The windows are 42 years old but still in good condition except the metal. I think this will definitely give them a better look.

• Mogie

SOS pads

• Sylvia Candler

Barkeepers Friend cleaner, find it near the Comet in the cleaning aisle of the grocery store. Be sure to rinse well or it will leave a residue.

• Kitty Fletcher

Thank you. I have used this product for other things but didn’t even think of it for this application.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Kitty,

I've always used my window cleaner. I use a mixture of equal parts of vinegar & water. What ever you use for your glass will also work on the aluminum. Wishing you the best.