How To Make Tie-Dye Shaving Cream Easter Eggs

$5

Getting ready to dye eggs for Easter??!! Why not shake things up and try this SHAVING CREAM TIE DYED EASTER EGG method! It’s a great sensory activity for toddlers and a super cool art project for older kids! They also make beautiful decorations!!

I’ve always loved dying Easter eggs, ever since I was a little girl. I have so many fun memories trying different decorating tricks with my siblings from over the years. I’ve continued the tradition with my kids and we have fun dying our eggs every Easter. However, to be totally truthful, I’m not a big fan of hard boiled eggs so if my hubby doesn’t eat them, they get thrown away – I know, shame on us.

As luck would have it, however, one day I was browsing the Easter isles at Walmart and found these amazing plaster-like eggs! They are artificial and can be dyed colors!! I bought 4 packages of 1 dozen eggs and knew immediately I wanted to make them tye-dyed with shaving cream.

I have since made several “batches” of tie-dyed eggs with shaving cream – at my son’s preschool and once with a playdate at our house. They really are that much fun to make, just like these  He Is Risen Easter Preschool craft! or even this  fluffy slime!

Spray shaving cream all over a baking sheet

Using a spatula, spread the shaving cream evenly over the baking sheet

Carefully sprinkle food coloring all over the shaving cream

Use a wooden skewer and gently run it through the colors like so

Now the fun can begin!! Grab an egg and start rolling it throughout the shaving cream until it is competely covered.

Set aside and let the eggs rest while covered in the shaving cream for about 10 minutes. Using a baby wipe, wipe off the excess shaving cream and see the beautiful colors emerge!

I love that the eggs can be kept from year to year. I placed the ones my son made in a ceramic basket with an adorable little handmade ceramic bunny that I bought at my favorite thrift store 

Here's my video tutorial!

Gathered In The Kitchen

• BARB LOZINSKI

are these boiled eggs ok to eat?

• Susie

The cool whip idea is great! What a cool and fun idea. I would wear thin plastic gloves.

• Kim Knox

does the food coloring wash off hands easy?

• CJ

You can wear gloves. Kitchen, food service or medical gloves should all work well.

Pour some rubbing alcohol, found in the first aid section of stores, on a cloth and wipe the stains. Be sure to have good ventilation when using the alcohol.

• Pat

Can plastic eggs be used?