Ikea Moppe Hack

$50

Who doesn't want to be organized? My daughter when young painted this sweet little wood organizer in fun shades of pink she loved however now that she is in her 20's it sat forlornly in her childhood bedroom. For her birthday I decided to give it an update!

In depth details can be found here on the original blog tutorial link. (click link)

Here it is in the sweet little girls room version of fun pinks, this does not work for a young lady in her 20's ;)

I did leave the bottom of the organizer this bold pink as a fun memory of her childhood.

After a good cleaning it was painted a dark grey all over

then dry brushed with a light grey milk paint. The whole piece was sanded and dark waxed to give an aged look.

New hardware was added to give an old library catalog look and makes opening the drawers that much easier. The hardware was silver but with a simple spray of Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint they were perfect

This piece is now ready to be a part of my daughters life once again. It can go in any room that need a pretty space to organize treasures. Don't you think the update is incredible? Do you have an IKEA moppe organizer that needs an update?

Creative Moments