Asked on Apr 15, 2019

How do I change a new plug in?

Linda SikutGkCor32419347

I had a plug in blow a fuse so how do I change a new plug in

• Cor32419347

Marti, some of your question didn’t come through.

• Gk

Hello Marti! Most houses today don't have fuses so you must live in a very old house. If you have fuses then you might need to change the fuse. If your breaker in your electrical panel has tripped you can reset it. It may not be your plug in. It could be what you are plugging in and how many other things are plugged in on that circuit.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Marti,

I agree with GK. This might not be a plug problem at all. We used to have our circuit breakers trip when we used two different plugs in our kitchen. So you couldn't use the toaster and the coffee maker at the same time. When we did an upgrade, we had an electrician come in to fix that problem. Fuses work similar to the circuits. The can blow with too high a use at one time - or even if they are just too old and need to be replaced. Try that first before you try adding an new electric plug. If you don't have the skills it's my opinion that electricity is not a DIY project. In some areas it is required by law that you have an electrician to do electrical work and it sometimes must be inspected before use. Wishing you the best.