Donna Martin
Donna Martin
  • San Francisco, CA
Asked on Apr 15, 2019

How to fix closet wire baskets (Elfa) that fall off track?

Donna MartinRag Bag NanaKate
+2

is there a way to make the track or wire (not mesh) basket a slightly wider so the basket slides out easily and won’t fall into the basket below? So frustrating.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Donna,

I'm not familiar with this system, but it looks like you're not the only one with this problem. The same question was asked on Amazon and several people had some ideas. See if any of these help you. Wishing you the best.

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2AJYC8VDUV8SZ/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza

• Kate

Sounds like the baskets kinda get stuck. Silicone spray makes sliding so easy. Not WD40. It just creates a mess.

To stop the basket use some sort of stopper like a pin or even a clothes pin or safety pin.

• Rag Bag Nana

Call the maker but l’ll bet that either the basket or the frame is out of true

• Donna Martin

Thank you for your response. I did contact the Container Store (it sells Elfa) and it had no solution. I was hoping there was something I could slip on the track or on the basket edge that would (slightly) extend it so it wouldn’t fall off the track. Once you own the closet shelves, you’re on your own.

• Donna Martin

My problem isn’t with sticking baskets (they slide beautifully) or ones that slide off the end of the track (there is a stopper Elfa sells to address that). The problem is the each basket falls off the entire track into the basket below. A solution would involve slightly extending the edge so the basket stays on the track.