Sandy Sider
Sandy Sider
  • Gretna, LA
Asked on Apr 15, 2019

How do I keep feral cats out of my garden?

Yvonda HoranSethSteven Jurenes
+2

• To Work With My Hands

They generally don't like citrus. You can slice some lemons or other citrus fruits and scatter them in the area you want the cats to stay out of. It worked for me when I was trying to keep our dogs from digging up a young herb bed.

• Oliva

Rosemary, lavender, garlic sprays, clove and peppermint oils will also deter cats.

Placing plastic forks, tines up in the garden will also deter them.

• Steven Jurenes

The best idea I have used is pine cones. They do not like the feel on their feet nd it makes a great natural cover on the ground. Not to mention it looks great!

• Seth

Sandy,

If you have a cat shelter or rescue organization close by, they might have a a trap, spay, and release program, which will cut down on the population. Any of the younger ferals that can be socialized might be put up for adoption.

• Yvonda Horan

They make motion sensor activated air canisters that blow air at them. After a few times they won't come back. Learned that from the show My Cat From Hell with Jackson Galaxy.