Monica
Monica
Asked on Apr 15, 2019

How do I get rid of mice?

Lora BloomquistTinaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

They ate taking over

• Valleycat1

Traps and more traps, baited with mouse bait, so if they steal the bait but outsmart the trap, the bait will get them. Place them against the wall near probable run routes. If you have kids or pets, the glue traps or the enclosed kind are safer. Check all around the house for any team any possible entry spots and put steel wool in the holes or seal with caulk. Consider getting a cat! Also, mice do not like many aromatic spices -I have had luck with placing cinnamon sticks strategically and other people have used pepper or hot pepper flakes, but if you are over run that might just reroute them.

• Oliva

What's attracting them? Bales of hay/straw, lint from your dryer, bird seed, animal foods, pet droppings, tall grasses, wood or stone piles, garaged vehicles, etc.?

Any stored vehicle should have multiple scented dryer sheets placed in the trunk, engine area and interior of the vehicle to deter mice from nesting and chewing wiring.

If your attic lacks "hardware cloth" wire mesh to keep rodents out, add it to the gable areas, secured tightly with screws.

Check siding, soffits, etc. for small holes. Mice can enter through a space no larger than a dime.

• Call an exterminator! I use no kill traps. Plug up all entry points and clean up the yard too.

• Tina

Any type of mint work's too.. I live in the country & naturally their here, I spray once a month under cabinets & in vents, never have any problems with them now..

• Lora Bloomquist

Yes, you have to fill all the holes where they're coming in. They don't like mint. Dryer sheets and Irish Spring soap-you can cut it up or grate it and spread it around.