Small Closet Organizing Tips & Ideas

$25

If you have a tiny closet we've got a few ideas to help make the most of the space including a cute way to hang caps, scarves and other items! I have a quote in my closet just to make it extra special. It's a free download on my actual website post which is linked below.

As I just moved into a home the closet dowels were not painted so that's the first thing I did. Spray paint or hand paint.

After painting the dowels white I grabbed some Curtain Clips which I had lying around. I saw them and it sparked an idea. These are great for helping you organize your closet! You can paint them if desired.

I threaded the curtain clips over the clothes rod dowel. Perfect fit!

You can hang a multitude of things from these! Scarves, belts etc. I used mine for my caps.

I made use of several other inexpensive items to help me organize my small space. I have them ALL LINKED on my actual site post link below where the printable is. There are also a lot more photos!

Not only is the closet more functional it's also neat and organized. The free quote below makes it extra special!

SEE MORE PHOTOS AND GRAB FREE QUOTE HERE!

Hope you found some ideas to spark your creativity and make the most out of your small closet!

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Shuganne
    Shuganne

I'm hope I'm not too naive, here, but I don't understand why the first thing you had to do was paint all the closet rods white? White walls in a closet I can understand: they help reflect light. But surely a small thing like a closet rod wouldn't add that much additional light?

Does it help the hangers slide down the row? Wouldn't a nice coat of wax do the same thing and maybe bring out some of the patina in the wood? I'm sorry for my ignorance; I've always had chrome closet rods, so I have no experience with wood closet rods.

When I saw the first picture with that lovely dark wood, I thought, now there's a nice bit of color for contrast, and, wouldn't it be twice as lovely all shiny with wax or a clear poly coating? Thank you for helping me. 😁

• Lisa West
      Lisa West

I found quite question very intelligent. Not funny or rude in any way. Here is my take on painting the rod. Many people paint them because people move into a new place and after cleaning their new place some times for an extra oomf and to make a space fill cleaner they paint. Other people like to ,are every thing match. Whether it white or another color that makes them happy. A closer should make people happy. Opening up a well organized closer or any space for that matter keeps people in a positive light. So it could be one otpf those things with the author of this post. As for those rings I may do something with my scarves and the extra camps I have. I have 2 camp hangers. They are over full. Lol you could hang sandals on these rings to. Use a pipe cleaner to hold a pair together and use the clip to hold the pair of shoes. Ha ill try it and see if it works.

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

I have a set to, gonna try sandals with a pip cleaner holding them together and some of my camis some how. I have 2 cami hangers that are just over full. Lol the dollar tree hasn't had any more of these. There great to, Walmart has them for about 5 or 6 dollars. Now how ever ill get mine from dollar tree. Why spend that kind of money when I just has to stalk the dollar tree lol. Its very y goo idea. Who would have thought curtain rings can do so much more tehe.

• Irk8183042
    Irk8183042

I would not keep used shoes on the top shelf...