Small Closet Organizing Tips & Ideas

$25

If you have a tiny closet we've got a few ideas to help make the most of the space including a cute way to hang caps, scarves and other items! I have a quote in my closet just to make it extra special. It's a free download on my actual website post which is linked below.

As I just moved into a home the closet dowels were not painted so that's the first thing I did. Spray paint or hand paint.

After painting the dowels white I grabbed some Curtain Clips which I had lying around. I saw them and it sparked an idea. These are great for helping you organize your closet! You can paint them if desired.

I threaded the curtain clips over the clothes rod dowel. Perfect fit!

You can hang a multitude of things from these! Scarves, belts etc. I used mine for my caps.

I made use of several other inexpensive items to help me organize my small space. I have them ALL LINKED on my actual site post link below where the printable is. There are also a lot more photos!

Not only is the closet more functional it's also neat and organized. The free quote below makes it extra special!

SEE MORE PHOTOS AND GRAB FREE QUOTE HERE!

Hope you found some ideas to spark your creativity and make the most out of your small closet!

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Shuganne
    Shuganne

I'm hope I'm not too naive, here, but I don't understand why the first thing you had to do was paint all the closet rods white? White walls in a closet I can understand: they help reflect light. But surely a small thing like a closet rod wouldn't add that much additional light?

Does it help the hangers slide down the row? Wouldn't a nice coat of wax do the same thing and maybe bring out some of the patina in the wood? I'm sorry for my ignorance; I've always had chrome closet rods, so I have no experience with wood closet rods.

When I saw the first picture with that lovely dark wood, I thought, now there's a nice bit of color for contrast, and, wouldn't it be twice as lovely all shiny with wax or a clear poly coating? Thank you for helping me. 😁

• Ruth McAlpin
    Ruth McAlpin

I love the idea. I moved into a very old house myself and back in those days the closets were built really small with shelves in the back . The days were I only have 2 wall sockets to plug anything into . I’m assuming a lamp tv and maybe a 110 air conditioner were luxurious items... lol. Will use this idea but I may have to add a rod in one of the shelves... also seen another idea on here where cabinets knobs were screwed tnto a board and attached to wall to add space to hang shoes. I’m only in the beginning stages of WHAT TO DO... lol.. ty for your idea!

• Nada
    Nada

I'm not creative enough, nor important enough, nor popular enough for my own blog or website. I'm just an ordinary plain jane, that has to pinch pennies to survive, and find ways to be organized with ADD/ADHD, in a house that my grandparents built in the 40' s. Though they passed almost thirty years ago, my parents, especially my father, their last living child, is very reluctant to change. So, their stuff is still has primary dominance in closets, and I had to make room for mine. Hometalk helped.

• Nada
      Nada

I know a lot about many things, but get bored trying to learn more after a point, for any one thing. (Thanks, ADD!) So, I just enjoy what I do, from siblings using me as a babysitter (don't mind TOO much), to being a runner in fetch with the dogs. I'm happy taking life in multiple directions, and seeing where I'm headed next! Experiencing life is golden.