How do you get rid of ground moles?

+10
  • Scarlet Paolicchi Scarlet Paolicchi on Apr 15, 2019

My cat took care of our problem but here is an article with the all the info on getting rid of moles https://www.bhg.com/gardening/pests/animal/get-rid-of-moles/

• Oliva Oliva on Apr 15, 2019

Liberally saturate ground with agricultural grade castor bean plant oil, plant castor bean plants, place multiple moth balls in the runs, smashed with a stick and forced further into the run. Add more solid moth balls, force into the run. Cover and place multiple bricks or rocks at ends of runs.

• Carmen Carmen on Apr 16, 2019

Plant euphorbias. Unlike the other suggestions, they won’t harm the moles, only repel them.

• Pamela Pamela on Apr 16, 2019

I bought several garden spinners at the dollar store . Then I pushed the stick ends into the ground 5-7 inches deep . When the wind blows and the spinners spin , it causes a vibration down the stick and into the ground ,that bothers moles , voles , & Chipmunk s . Good luck !

• VAL34302447 VAL34302447 on Apr 16, 2019

it is a hop[ess endless thing that does not work. nothing does. they breed as fast as you kill them off.

• OlyGal OlyGal on Apr 16, 2019

Moles are territorial and a new one will replace the one that has been killed. Needless to say I am the mole killer of the family. I use cinch traps and lots of patience. For me, they work the best. If a mole has moved on to a new area, spray the dirt back into the ground with water, it "kind of " deters them from returning to the area.

https://www.amazon.com/CINCH-Traps-Medium-Mole-Trap-instructions/dp/B002J86JLU

• Siropav Siropav on Apr 16, 2019

Easy way is bubble gum! No problem! Break into small pieces, drop down holes... they cannot digest it and it kills them. We use this in Arizona for all our underground varmints and it works!! Just keep your dog's and cats from eating it. We have gotten varmint free!!