Ed
Ed
Asked on Apr 15, 2019

How do I get dark stains out of my hard wood floor?

KmdreamerBetsyCor32419347
+1

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Ed, sorry you have dark stains on your hardwood floor. I hope this will help you. How to Remove Dark Water Stains From Hardwood Floors

1. Wipe away any surface dirt and grime with a damp cloth. ...
    2. Soak a clean rag in vinegar and place the rag onto the stain. ...
    3. Test an application of hydrogen peroxide in an inconspicuous area of the floor. ...
    4. Apply a layer of mineral spirits to the dark water stained area using the steel wool to lightly scour the floorboards.

More items...

How to Remove Dark Water Stains From Hardwood Floors | Hunker

https://www.hunker.com/.../how-to-remove-dark-water-stains-from-hardwood-floors

• Cor32419347

I suggest you take a good picture to your big box home improvement store. Show a manager the photo and see what suggestions are offered up. They are experts in this department. Also you can try a local craftsman that refinishes furniture. He may be able to correct this for you for a fee or may even tell you how to correct it yourself.

Hi Ed: You can try rubbing some Vaseline.

Clean the floor if necessary, and get a rag and dip it is the Vaseline and rub a goodly amount into the wood where the damage is.

Let it stand for an hour or so. It pretty much works right away, but leaving it on for a little bit doen't hurt.

Wipe excess of with another rag. Some petroleum jelly residue will remain.

Come back later and wipe it again to get all of the petroleum jelly off.

That should work for you. Good luck

• Kmdreamer

Sand them that’s it