DIY Metal Crate Homework Caddy

School is back in full swing, and with that comes the dreaded HOMEWORK. Set the kiddos up for success with a Homework Caddy that keeps all of the essentials organized and provides easy access.
I started with this metal crate from a home decor store down south called Garden Ridge.
I cut an old sign (you can use a thin piece of wood or fiberboard) into a rectangle, spray painted it with chalkboard paint and then drilled holes in each corner with a drill bit. Then I threaded some jute string through the holes and tied it to the basket. And, of course, I inscribed the word "homework" with some chalk.
I also added some handles to each side using more jute string. Now my kiddo can do his homework anywhere and easily transport the caddy.
I added all of the homework essentials such as, pencils, crayons, glue, scissors, etc.Even a snack or two! I placed them all in some inexpensive pencil holders from the dollar store. The metal bin is from H&M online.
I think this is really going to help keep everything organized and easy to store when not in use. What do you think?
2014

Sarah Cook