Leena
Leena
  • Australia
Asked on Apr 17, 2019

How do I declutter my home quickly?

LeenaPenny LynchJulie
+3

Hi,I am a tenant and the owner wants to sell the residence. Please I need as much information for decluttering within 2 days. Please help. Does anyone know a reasonably price helper who can do it? I am in Melbourne Australia.Regards-Leena

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Leena, this is Peggy. Sorry you have such a short time to declutter.. I hope this helps you and remember you can do this. Try asking friends or relatives if they would pitch in (you buy the pizza). Best of luck. How to Declutter Your Home in a Weekend Without Spending a Dime ...

1. https://www.thesimpledollar.com/how-to-declutter-your-home-in-one-weekend-witho...

Dec 13, 2017 - 2. Purge Away. I hate to break it to you, but unless you have a ... hours a week to cleaning, only to encounter mess after mess a few days later.

• Leena

Thank ypu so much Peggy.

Kind regards-Leena

• Julie

We had that issue once, if you don't really have time to purge you can always move it to a location away from your home. Friends garage, or storage facility. Then you can take time to go through your items later to purge what isn't needed. Spend a day or 1/2 moving items out, then a day cleaning....

I'm not in Australia so assist finding anyone to help. Good luck.

• Leena

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the info. Storing away is a good idea. I may have to look into a nearby place to store.

• Penny Lynch

We packed things up- especially personal items, and put them in the storage unit. Make a fast run thru as you pack it up, see what you can pitch.

My Dad had literally hundreds of books when he moved last. We packed them in boxes and put them in neat stacks in his (finished) basement- about 2' away from the wall so people could see it. It worked fine, if you have that option.

• Leena

Thank you Penny. Every bit of information helps.