How do I paint a wooden fence with the least amount of effort?

+4
  • Dmholt4391 Dmholt4391 on Apr 18, 2019

Spray paint I guess.

• Pamela Pamela on Apr 18, 2019

I bought a sprayer that was about $16 to stain my fence. I used water based stain, and found that it absorbed better if the wooden fence was a little damp ( I scrubbed it thoroughly with detergent and water, rinsed, then stained when it was still damp). WHAT A TIME SAVER!

If you are painting, you will have to thin the paint, and might have to do 2 coats for even coverage. make sure you do it on a windless day, move any vehicles or lawn furniture out of the way, and have some big pieces of cardboard to use as a shield if you are spraying close to a house.

• Mogie Mogie on Apr 18, 2019

Invest in a sprayer and spray it. You will save time and the paint (if applied correctly) will give you more even coverage and look good too.

• Pat Pat on Apr 18, 2019

I agree, spray it. BUT be sure to check the areas behind the fence. You will get over-spray. Our neighbors didn't and the stain got on the side of our house. Also killed my tomato plants.

• A.V. Perkins A.V. Perkins on Apr 26, 2019

A paint sprayer. I have a small decor one from Wagner it gets the job done. Check it out here

• Faith Faith on Apr 26, 2019

Thank you! Everyone was very helpful! I invested in a sprayer. Looking forward to trying it