Asked on Apr 17, 2019

How do you clean a shower door?

Ney86JudithLynn Sorrell
+3

its glass and a lil beveled. In the past ive used CLR to clean glass shower doors , but its very strong smell! I want to know how to clean it and keep it clean?

• Dfm

Once you get it clean, instruct your family members to manually dry the glass doors. Spray a cooking spray over the doors to keep water spots from forming.

• 2dogal

Use a squeegee on the glass doors after showering.

• Lynn Sorrell

do cleaning often regularly before build up occurs;vinegar works like CLR on hard water spots/build up; straight rubbing /isopropyl alcohol and clean wash cloth( no fabric softener on it and no paper towels both cause streaking and smearing)--just pour alcohol on cloth and wipe glass,mirrors,auto glass;do inside one direction-horizontal and other side -vertically this way you can tell easier which is not clean;wipe the wet areas-walls ceiling glass with dry towel after showering;Dawn dish soap mixed with baking soda into paste use to scub shower.tub.ytoilet,sinks then spray with vinegar rinse with hottest water available-boiling water helps to clear drains too;get a good stiff new toilet bowl brush to use to only clean the tub/shower areas it makes it easier to reach all the areas;spraying oils on glass can make shower area very slick becareful some people use Rain-X for cars instead I have not just keep up on mine so the build up does not happen.I live in AZ one of top 6 states with hardest water in U.S.

• Ney86

Ty for u answer's, i live in Az as well lol ill try it all ! Thx again.

• Judith

If it's soap scum, dishwasher detergent is very good for removing it. It's what I use on shower tiles. Just use it like a scrub. Would suggest wearing rubber gloves! I haven't tried the little cleaning erasers, but they might also be effective.

• Ney86

Ty judith will try it !