Asked on Apr 18, 2019

How do I get a Curled up area rug to lie flat?

A.V. Does WhatKathy ArteagaJerry roselli
+4

You know how you buy rolled up area rugs? I bought one from Kohls 4x6. I am having trouble getting it to lay down and be smooth. Not wrinkly. Not curling up on the ends.Any suggestions?

• Debi53

Put heavy books or something similar on the edges for a few days. The rug will eventually like flat.

• Pamela

Yes , open it , turn it over and roll it in the opposite direction , hold it that way for awhile , probably a half hour . Use masking tape to hold it in place , or some string.

once you open it , it should lay flat

• Kathy Arteaga

Will this also help to get a smooth look instead of wrinkled look?

• Jerry roselli

Easiest method,...get some double faced tape

. Just use a small amount on the curled area, turn it over, & tape to floor. Problem solved!

Jerry

• Kathy Arteaga

Great idea!! Thanks

• A.V. Does What

I co sign what Jerry said. First I would dampen it a little bit press it down with something heavy (books, furniture etc.) when it dries then use the double sided tape. I am not sure how curled your rug is and you don't want to add additional stress on the adhesive. Good luck!